PDA

View Full Version : Getting Past Defenders

StiveAx
01-11-2011, 08:32 PM
Any tips for getting past defenders easier in terms of ankle breaking and etc since its doe seems somewhat impossible to dunk with defenders on you, especially since I have a 6'7 PG with 90 dunk rating ;D

Dpunkz
01-11-2011, 08:40 PM
the easiest most consistent way by far in this game is if you can deal with playing on ALT A controller... the crossover button when pressed once is actually an in and out dribble, certain players can blow past defenders. Other wise for the most part is all stick skills, i have no problem getting where i want to on the court now on default controller. When i first got the game it was very frustrating though just takes some practice. The better speed, handles, offensive awareness your player has the easier it is.

StiveAx
01-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Yeah, I try to do plenty of hesistations, cross-overs, behind the backs and etc, but when the defender actually falls for it, there recovery is pretty ridiculous x_x

SwiftCross
01-11-2011, 09:10 PM
Yeah, I try to do plenty of hesistations, cross-overs, behind the backs and etc, but when the defender actually falls for it, there recovery is pretty ridiculous x_x

I agree, once I do get past the defender and attack the basket. Their arm just suddenly got life and whack my on the chest.
-
Advice. Quickness, Ball handle.
Maybe Offensive Awareness But focus on the top 2 first.
Hope that helps!

StiveAx
01-11-2011, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the help! :D

StiveAx
01-12-2011, 11:18 PM
So I followed the advice, and its still pretty impossible to bypass defenders except for the euro-step :/

Ignarus
01-25-2011, 12:16 AM
your BH prolly isn't good enough to blow by ppl. it's your BH vs their OBD.

Dpunkz
01-25-2011, 12:22 AM
cross over back and fourth really quick w/ left stick you can blow by people

WELCOME-2DA-ER
01-25-2011, 03:15 AM
a few things that have been helping me are working out of the triple threat and starting out by doing the different size up moves then branching into other dribble moves

Blacktop
01-25-2011, 04:41 AM
Try using the crossover when someone sets a pick. As soon as the defender hits the pick quickly bust the crossover. if its effective follow that with a spin move away from the next defender. Left trigger layups out of this combo are sick.

I AM LEGEND 845
01-25-2011, 09:00 PM
Use the sizeup moves and try to string together another move right after. For example: Hold LT, flick the left stick in desired direction, once he completes the size up move do a quick cross over or behind the back dribble. Go to practice mode and repeat the size up moves and actually get the animations down.

gswarrior
01-27-2011, 11:25 PM
in & out then spin, make em fall easy.