PDA

View Full Version : My Player: Teammates have something affecting OVR

MrMach5
01-07-2011, 09:29 PM
So in My Player, I am on the Knicks. I am halfway through the season, and everyone on my team (except my player) has a yellow down arrow and negative points affecting their Overall Skill rating. What is causing this? The team is playing well.. so it isn't performance based. And why is my rating not affected?

Please help!

MrMach5
01-08-2011, 09:34 AM
I know this is a simple answer... I've also noticed other teams sometimes have arrows going up and +1 or +2 to their OVR.

Does it have to do with the coaches?

SwiftCross
01-08-2011, 11:34 AM
I believe your not getting your OVR rating up. This will cause a down arrow to the OVR, to do so, raising the Offensive and Defensive awareness is a great attribute to spend to get the OVR up.
-
Atleast that what I believe in.
Hope that helps.

MrMach5
01-08-2011, 02:13 PM
It's not my OVR that is the issue.. it's the rest of my team's. When I go to "Team Information" and then "Roster".. all the other player's have something going on that shows -1 to -3 going against their OVR. It's there for nearly every player except My Player and maybe 1 or 2 others.

It's almost like they all have slight injuries, even though they're healthy.

Does that make sense?

Ignarus
01-08-2011, 02:25 PM
Yeah, dude, I know exactly what you're talking about. It's probably your team's chemistry.

And you know how some guys have motivations, like "play for a winner?" That's probably going to make them especially ornery if your overall or record stinks.

Last season, my Pistons were afflicted with the yellow downs for most of the year from trades and losses (chem around 39%), but since we won the title and our chemistry has dramatically improved, I've had guys go from +1 when it was in the 70s up to +2 now that it's in the 80s.

But guys who want more PT and aren't getting it, or who got demoted in their role (6th man --> 10th man) will be like -3 to -7.

So the global "everybody but you yellow downs" is almost certainly a chemistry issue and not an "overall" issue, though there are reasons guys will get all pissy due to PT restrictions.

MrMach5
01-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Ok, thanks.. that makes sense. Where can I view the team's chemistry at?

DRIsThaSpot
01-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Your team's homepage on NBA.com

MrMach5
01-09-2011, 03:33 PM
So our Team Chemistry is 0%... even though we won our division and have one of the best records in the league. What are good ways to get chemistry to go up?

nagarr
01-10-2011, 03:30 PM
If you choose the "Answer with Arrogance/Indifference" options, your Team Chemistry takes a big hit. Maybe that's the problem(?)

Also, choosing the "Answer with Loyalty" option, that should make the team chemistry go up. Other than that, I don't really know.