PDA

View Full Version : Layup Packages- Air jordan, Jamal Crawford, Kobe

jayrao
01-02-2011, 03:21 PM
Hello everyone,

Thanks to everyone who have been providing great advice on this board as it has helped me unravel 2k11 since I purchased it. Much appreciated.

I've noticed alot of the great animations for air jordan, kobe, and jamal crawford in the "edit player"- layup package section. My question to those who can answer this is how do you do mike's layups, kobe's reverse pivot and jamal's shake and bake?

Is it a matter of controller input and court positions or are these random occurrences in an actual game?

I've been in practice mode pressing buttons and the shot stick furiously trying to do them but no such luck.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

gogadantes
02-14-2011, 11:21 PM
I also would like to know how to do Jamal Crawford's sig layup (and Rondo's dream shake), but i can help you with the Kobe sig. This is where i learned how to do it from:

http://hoopsgaming.com/showthread.php?t=4917

It works, I've tried it myself. the important thing to remember is that you have to BEAT your initial defender first (like what Kobe himself said in real life, actually. Man this game is awesome), i.e: have your initial defender behind you or beside you, not in front, and then like the guy in the link said, you have to be roughly in that exact area of the court. the button press is as he said (shot stick away from the baseline). after some practicing you'll get it down too.

But something that the guy didn't mention, is that even if you're able to perform it, you'd probably miss all your shots with it at first, because (and this is important): the shot release timing is LATER than what you might intuitively believe after seeing the animation. So basically hold the shot button a little longer (and definitely do not release early) for the shot to go in. Cost me a lot of time before i obtain this bit of knowledge... :( Go to practice mode to practice the timing.

Contrary to what most people believe, you don't have to do the 'post move' practice mode, apparently you don't have to have a defender for this signature layup to appear. Just 'freestyle practice' would be fine. Just remember the positioning and button press.

All in all, it's an effective move to get points once you get your timing down, and also great for embarrassing your opponents, but IMHO it's more elaborate and difficult to do than Rondo's dream shake (which is a positional one-button-press kind of deal, triggered it by accident quite a few times, I'd kill to know what the positioning and shot stick direction for that one...). It's definitely an advanced move, like the real thing.

Retrokidbk83
03-19-2011, 06:52 PM
Jamal Crawford's Shake & Bake is L2 (LT for 360) + Right stick left or right depending on which hand you have the ball in for example if the ball is in my left hand right stick to the left while holding L2 or LT it only works for me in one one situations & fast breaks. here is a video of me doing the move. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsZs21Xng_o

trandoanhung1991
03-20-2011, 03:18 AM
I know how to do mike's 1 hand jam to left hand layup. It's like the default animation. All you have to do is, you're inside dunk range, running towards the basket, pull the shot opposite to where you're running.

It's number 3 in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uxUWADvIYM

I have done number 10 a few times, none of which gone in. I dunno how to do it though, probably something that you can't really control.

Number 4, it's quite easy, I think. You have to have beaten your defender on the perimeter, and driving towards the basket. Now, attempt to dunk. If you have a big man in there, most likely you'll do number 4.

The others, I have no idea how. :p

But with Air Jordan package, you really don't want them to happen. Why? If they do happen, most likely you screwed up in beating the defender and making contact layups, which have a horrible rate of falling in.:mad:

Retrokidbk83
03-21-2011, 06:30 PM
@trandoanhung1991
how do you do the jordan switch layup? Is it go for a dunk then switch to the opposite hand with a second tap of the shot stick?

trandoanhung1991
03-22-2011, 09:22 AM
@trandoanhung1991
how do you do the jordan switch layup? Is it go for a dunk then switch to the opposite hand with a second tap of the shot stick?

No. You just go towards the basket, then pull the right stick opposite of the basket. If you're inside dunk range, you'll automatically do it. Can't say whether you'll make it or not though:P. And beware, it's hideously hard to use in games, simply because if you're too close, you'll hit the board.