PDA

View Full Version : My Player: SG Tips (help)

Samer
10-11-2010, 11:11 PM
Hey everyone,

2k11 is my first basketball video game and I've been researching on the forums on tips on how to build an ideal SG, and I think I got the basic idea of what I need to work on, but I would like to post my stats on here so that I can get some help.

Shot Inside: 70
Shot Close: 70
Shot Medium: 74
Free Throw: 60
Lay up: 70
Dunk: 58
Shoot in Traffic: 52
Shoot off Dribble: 65
Ball Handle: 62
Speed: 87

I listed the attributes that I felt that are most important to upgrade. My play style is athletic and an overall rating of 46. I'm playing for the Detroit Pistons, but I'm defiantly going to trade. I can't stand Ben Gordon and Ben Wallace right now lol. Please leave some response on what I need improve on! Thanks!:p

SuspectedFire
10-13-2010, 04:20 PM
Hey Samer,

How tall is your player? Because Height is the biggest issue of all. I currently have a 6' 9 SG that plays for the Portland Trailblazers.

My basic build is All-Round

The Skills I think I need,
Consistency: 77 (Build this up FIRST!!!) - This was VERY IMPORTANT, when I made a shot, I made 2 more, it is very useful,
Shot Inside: 67 (Fairly unchanged except for the bonus skill levels from the shooting drill)
Lay up: 55
Shoot in Traffic: 48 (For us when rebounded to shoot better)
Ball Handle: 55
Off Rebound: 37
Def Rebound: 40
Steal: 45
Block: 53 (This is very important for my player since he plays on such smaller people, I got a lot of good block videos to prove)

Those skills are, as I think, Essential in this game.

Some little tips on how to play: You might know these but they are very useful for getting good grades,

Screen the Ball Handler's Defense (Then roll off for the easy pass)
Rebound - Very good points for this
Assists - Again Very good points for this
Block - VERY VERY GOOD points for this, so try use it

Those small plays can be very rewarding, trust me, I wouldn't have made it into the NBA without them.

Also, a funny story, My first NBA goal was because I screened Brandon Roy's Player and Rolled off and got an easy layup, Got me Gatorade Moment of the game to lol :P

Thanks for reading, if you did
SuspectedFire

ellisrules
04-10-2011, 05:46 PM
if i were you, id work on your shooting in traffic. for an SG its one of the most important features EVER. Thats how Kobe and Lebron got so good. Also, go to Physical and improve your consistency

VinSanity15
04-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Hey everyone,

2k11 is my first basketball video game and I've been researching on the forums on tips on how to build an ideal SG, and I think I got the basic idea of what I need to work on, but I would like to post my stats on here so that I can get some help.

Shot Inside: 70
Shot Close: 70
Shot Medium: 74
Free Throw: 60
Lay up: 70
Dunk: 58
Shoot in Traffic: 52
Shoot off Dribble: 65
Ball Handle: 62
Speed: 87

I listed the attributes that I felt that are most important to upgrade. My play style is athletic and an overall rating of 46. I'm playing for the Detroit Pistons, but I'm defiantly going to trade. I can't stand Ben Gordon and Ben Wallace right now lol. Please leave some response on what I need improve on! Thanks!:p

Shot Inside/Close should be 80+.
Shot medium= 90+
Layup= 90-95+
Shoot in traffic/off dribble- 80+
Ball handling- 75+
Speed- 90+