PDA

View Full Version : Association - Sim to next season

racerrhunt
05-02-2010, 06:22 PM
How do you sim to next season after you win the NBA Finals in Association Mode? Or is it that you can only play one season...then you need to make another one...I'm so confused :confused:

daylon100
05-03-2010, 12:04 AM
dont play season play association

Who Is Next
05-03-2010, 12:08 AM
I'm not to familiar with the association/season and all that. But I would take daylon's advice because all he ever plays is assoc.

racerrhunt
05-03-2010, 01:46 AM
I was playing asso mode... After da finals, the game doesnt do anything at all... It just stays at playoff tree.. And i cant play anythingg

Yamez4Eva
05-04-2010, 11:41 AM
I had the same problem. I simulated a season just to see where the top free agents were gonna do in the off season. Go to the playoff tree I believe in the statistics screen and it should put you through to the off season. It was a few weeks back so don't quote me on this.

racerrhunt
05-05-2010, 02:11 AM
thankss dude...i'll try that...haha

racerrhunt
05-05-2010, 09:36 PM
it doesn't work, when i goo to the statistics page of the finals, it doesn't do anything :(

Yamez4Eva
05-06-2010, 12:06 PM
Oh damn, my bad fam....ok try going to your team's calendar and sim from there and see if it works. Its been long ago since I actually did it that I don't remember exactly what I did lol. I chose the Knicks and simmed the whole first season but along the way I traded Lee and some others wound up with 3 draft picks inside the top 13 of the draft, with a boatload of money left over.

daylon100
05-06-2010, 03:01 PM
I'm not to familiar with the association/season and all that. But I would take daylon's advice because all he ever plays is assoc.

hahaha thats true it is all i ever play lol but ok when you are done with the NBA finals push start than it will show the MVP in the finals an than it will brint up something about all the retired players an coaches than it will bring you to the offseason... but you got to make sure you didnt start a season... cause there is a season and a association pick association not season make sure you didnt go to season lol. an it is not all i do i play like 1 or 2 online games a week lol an alot of COD MW2 but i love association mode i am having a bad season tho :( im 22-31

Yamez4Eva
05-07-2010, 12:00 PM
hahaha thats true it is all i ever play lol but ok when you are done with the NBA finals push start than it will show the MVP in the finals an than it will brint up something about all the retired players an coaches than it will bring you to the offseason... but you got to make sure you didnt start a season... cause there is a season and a association pick association not season make sure you didnt go to season lol. an it is not all i do i play like 1 or 2 online games a week lol an alot of COD MW2 but i love association mode i am having a bad season tho :( im 22-31

Dayum Daylon who are you playing with?? Is this your first season with them? I'm currently 10-0 with my Knicks squad, with 4 rookies starting

daylon100
05-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Dayum Daylon who are you playing with?? Is this your first season with them? I'm currently 10-0 with my Knicks squad, with 4 rookies starting

I'm the cavs right now but lebron is out for 2 months but he is only howng to be out for another 4games but good thing I traded for top 3 draft picks an picked favors cousins an John Wall an traded shaq an Jamison for picks so when LeNron gets back I'll start winning lol but do u got XBOX live??

Yamez4Eva
05-07-2010, 01:39 PM
I'm the cavs right now but lebron is out for 2 months but he is only howng to be out for another 4games but good thing I traded for top 3 draft picks an picked favors cousins an John Wall an traded shaq an Jamison for picks so when LeNron gets back I'll start winning lol but do u got XBOX live??

Nah man I have the ps3, no online capabilities as of yet, but best believe when I get my mind and money right, its a wrap lol. I have always played 1 full season everytime 2k comes out, and never had any of my star players go down with an injury....lucky I guess. I see you rape the cpu as I do as far as trading for picks go, something they need to address in the next game because it is way too easy to get a player of a certain caliber.

Who Is Next
05-07-2010, 07:33 PM
do any of you have strategies you have to get draft picks and star players and stuff on association?

I'm starting my first one and would like to know how to have advantages over the cpu but still be "fair".

daylon100
05-07-2010, 10:59 PM
Yes I do ok well here is some help if u want a star player like lebron Wade Kobe d12 than go first pick overall but u won't get a pick tll last pick in 2nd round but u can still get some good players but u can also get the 30th pick an get 2 plAyers in a row an that's always good depending on how u play....an ya I rape the computer for trades lol it's easy I love doing it an I just like toalways have a really young team once my players get like 31-33 I trade them for younger guys lol

Yamez4Eva
05-10-2010, 10:09 AM
Yes I do ok well here is some help if u want a star player like lebron Wade Kobe d12 than go first pick overall but u won't get a pick tll last pick in 2nd round but u can still get some good players but u can also get the 30th pick an get 2 plAyers in a row an that's always good depending on how u play....an ya I rape the computer for trades lol it's easy I love doing it an I just like toalways have a really young team once my players get like 31-33 I trade them for younger guys lol

That's funny, that's the same thing I do lol. Once cats hit 30, if the rating isn't already over 80, they're gone!!! I usually go to bad teams or teams with cap space and make trades for their draft picks....Memphis is usually the team I rape lol, but not for their star players.

Yamez4Eva
05-10-2010, 10:14 AM
FYI I'm 13-0 playing with the Knicks in my second season, but its been a fairly easy schedule so far....last 2 games though were the closest, with me beating a Pacer team whose lineup looks like this:
Ford, R. Allen (Boston let him walk), McGrady (I let him walk), Granger, and Foster....I only won by a 3 in the closing seconds...and I beat Orlando in NY by 6 although Nelson lit me up from three (son had 7 treys).