PDA

View Full Version : Alley-Oop

dreamsphere
04-25-2010, 12:47 PM
Hello,

I'm a 6'6 SG, 99 Rating with 99 in almost everything basically.

I know how to throw alley-oops, but how do you get your team-mates to throw you alley-oops and is there anything you have to press to finish and take those dunks?

Also, I got all my dunk ratings at 99, how come my player doesn't do tip-dunks?

Dpunkz
04-25-2010, 03:24 PM
Hello,

I know how to throw alley-oops, but how do you get your team-mates to throw you alley-oops and is there anything you have to press to finish and take those dunks?

He is short and playing the SG position... in most cases he is probably getting back on defense depending on how you have your coach sliders set up.

dreamsphere
04-26-2010, 09:26 AM
Oh you got me wrong.

This is in My Player Mode.

When I play NBA games with my 6'6 SG, how do I get my team-mates to throw me alley-oops.

Who Is Next
04-26-2010, 02:09 PM
try LT+ A

might work , I don't know.

dkell213
01-20-2011, 11:36 PM
To call for an alley oop:

When sprinting near the basket(R2) Press and hold (L2) (for other systems its the button that makes you do the fancy dribbling moves ) Then push (O) (for other systems its the fake pass button) Your teammate will then give you an alley oop pass. That is all you have to do. If the timing was right your guy will automatically catch and dunk the ball, if your timing is off he wont catch the pass.

To make a teammate cut for a pass:

While you have the ball tap (L1) (for other systems the pick control button) then when the icons come up which ever guy u want to set up push his corresponding button. His cursor will turn color to show he is selected, then push the right analog stick in the direction you want him to go, obviously for an Alley Ooop it will be towards the basket and just push and hold (L2)(The button that makes you do the fancy dribbling moves) then push (O)(The Fake pass button ) and you'll set up your breaking teammate. Again the timing needs to be right and a clear path to the basket helps.

Non My Player Mode Alley Oop,Postion lock not enabled:

Do the method above or you can also do it like this for a Give n Go Alley Oop:

Hold (L2) (The button that makes you do the fancy dribbling) Then pass it to a teammate. The guy who passed it will then run towards the basket then just hold (L2) then push(O) and you will give him an Alley Oop.

Sometimes a teammate will run with his hand up like he s calling for a pass near the basket, alot of times you can just give him one. Pretty well anytime a teammate is running to the basket with a clear lane they will Alley Oop if you give it to them.

When you do Alley Oops once passed if the timing was good they will always automatically do it.

Hope this helped some people.... on all consoles.

Got tired of all the BS on Alley Oops. All this works. Thats all i know on them ....

candyred98
01-23-2011, 03:34 PM
how do you doo that for wii if u know?
To call for an alley oop:

When sprinting near the basket(R2) Press and hold (L2) (for other systems its the button that makes you do the fancy dribbling moves ) Then push (O) (for other systems its the fake pass button) Your teammate will then give you an alley oop pass. That is all you have to do. If the timing was right your guy will automatically catch and dunk the ball, if your timing is off he wont catch the pass.

To make a teammate cut for a pass:

While you have the ball tap (L1) (for other systems the pick control button) then when the icons come up which ever guy u want to set up push his corresponding button. His cursor will turn color to show he is selected, then push the right analog stick in the direction you want him to go, obviously for an Alley Ooop it will be towards the basket and just push and hold (L2)(The button that makes you do the fancy dribbling moves) then push (O)(The Fake pass button ) and you'll set up your breaking teammate. Again the timing needs to be right and a clear path to the basket helps.

Non My Player Mode Alley Oop,Postion lock not enabled:

Do the method above or you can also do it like this for a Give n Go Alley Oop:

Hold (L2) (The button that makes you do the fancy dribbling) Then pass it to a teammate. The guy who passed it will then run towards the basket then just hold (L2) then push(O) and you will give him an Alley Oop.

Sometimes a teammate will run with his hand up like he s calling for a pass near the basket, alot of times you can just give him one. Pretty well anytime a teammate is running to the basket with a clear lane they will Alley Oop if you give it to them.

When you do Alley Oops once passed if the timing was good they will always automatically do it.

Hope this helped some people.... on all consoles.

Got tired of all the BS on Alley Oops. All this works. Thats all i know on them ....

aplus
08-02-2011, 12:51 PM
He is short and playing the SG position... in most cases he is probably getting back on defense depending on how you have your coach sliders set up.

You probably need to play on a team that doesn't play defense like the warriors.
but i don't need to perform an alley oop. i will be dunking over everybody. all day. errrry day. boy, i do it. big sean.

Playa1
04-29-2012, 06:25 PM
Ill try this out dkell213 thx!!!

Playa1
04-29-2012, 07:17 PM
Hello,

For your first question all you have to do is run to the basket holding LT and then press C
For your second question you have to press RT+B and if you are lucky the shot goes off the rim towards you will either do a tip layup
or tip dunk.