PDA

View Full Version : My player Sg help

xITh3-SaintIx
07-25-2011, 01:55 AM
I would like to make a Sg, i want to be able to dunk, n speed n also be a real trouble in the paint, what set-up should i use like height, n wht should i spend my first 10,000 points on?

Spence_tricky
07-25-2011, 03:50 AM
Choose Athletic as you get most of the attributes you'd get from Slashing but with better stat caps. Make the guard at least 6'4" (shorter = challenge and more skill points earned; taller = easier and less skill points earned), but 6'5" and up really is better. Sure you might earn a hundred or two hundred fewer skill points per game, but it only makes you reach your caps faster. Height will always be an asset.

Put the 10,000 skill points in things like medium-range jump shot and especially ballhandling + off-hand ballhandling. You should already have enough physical and vertical to dunk on the fastbreak. Do the dribble course and make sure you get a speed boost with each completion (if you're a perfectionist, but having an extra 6-9 speed is really helpful on the break).

You should be good from there. Just some tips on getting inside:

1. Your easiest way to score and dunk is off the fastbreak
2. Use the hopstep to get quickly inside if you're in a half court offense
3. If the defender is waiting at the basket, you can use spin moves to get around them (works better than hopstep in that scenario in my opinion)

xITh3-SaintIx
07-25-2011, 03:53 AM
Choose Athletic as you get most of the attributes you'd get from Slashing but with better stat caps. Make the guard at least 6'4" (shorter = challenge and more skill points earned; taller = easier and less skill points earned), but 6'5" and up really is better. Sure you might earn a hundred or two hundred fewer skill points per game, but it only makes you reach your caps faster. Height will always be an asset.

Put the 10,000 skill points in things like medium-range jump shot and especially ballhandling + off-hand ballhandling. You should already have enough physical and vertical to dunk on the fastbreak. Do the dribble course and make sure you get a speed boost with each completion (if you're a perfectionist, but having an extra 6-9 speed is really helpful on the break).

You should be good from there. Just some tips on getting inside:

1. Your easiest way to score and dunk is off the fastbreak
2. Use the hopstep to get quickly inside if you're in a half court offense
3. If the defender is waiting at the basket, you can use spin moves to get around them (works better than hopstep in that scenario in my opinion)
thanks man so u think i should go around either 6'4 till 6'5? n do the speed thing like if u dont get speed just leave n come back n do it again?