PDA

View Full Version : My player help!

xITh3-SaintIx
07-18-2011, 07:01 AM
Been playing My player for awhile now, just need some help, i want to play either a pg or a sg, but i want some speed n dunking ability but with good shooting from med range but i want to know wht should i put up first like stats with the 10,000 points n what i should focus on, n plus wht height i should be? any help please :D

VinSanity15
07-18-2011, 12:13 PM
Height: 6'
Position: PG
Weight: 180 Ibs
Play Style: Scoring

================

Scoring: A great asset already right off the bat for you considering that you want to have a high mid range. By choosing Scoring as your play style, you will have a pretty high Mid range right off the bat and from there, you can do a few drills and get some Skill Points to get your mid range rating even higher.

6' is perfect because it is neither too tall nor is it too short. You are short yes, but you also have a huge advantage because now you have a huge amount of Skill Points going in your direction when you do well in games.

==============

Your 10,000 Skill points should go to:

Mid-Range
Layup
Shoot in Traffic
Shoot off Dribble
Ball Handling
Ball Security

=============

Do your drills and then add some more to your Mid-Range shots. As you play, your guy will seem suckish at first, but once you have your mid range down, make sure that you get your layup up as well.

NOTE: YOUR GUY WILL SUCK DURING THE DRAFT COMBINE AND SUMMER CIRCUIT. YOUR GUY WILL NOT DO WELL UNTIL AROUND THE 10TH GAME INTO THE NBA SO YOU HAVE TO BE PATIENT.

Once you hit the 10th game mark ish, your guy will definitely have been improved to a larger extent and from there, just keep on getting your mid range up and once you hit 90, make sure that your layup is also a 90 by then. Keep upgrading your Shoot In Traffic and Off Dribble as you go and keep on doing your drills as you go and get them because they will give you more Skill Points and upgrade other assets of your game.

===================

After you have done excellent in your mid range and your layups are good, you wanted to do Dunks right? Well, from there, make sure that every game, you upgrade your dunk by 1 rating. Every single game goes by and you get skill points, upgrade your rating up by 1. Until you are able to get the simplest of the dunks.

Stop upgrading your dunk for a bit. Upgrade your other parts, especially your ball handling. You want to be able to do those advanced moves to juke your opponent out and be able to pull up for that easy jumper or go in for the layup.

Now, at around 60'ish rating for your dunk, make sure that you max out your vertical by then. At 60 rating in your dunk, your vertical should be maxed out for maximum height for rebounding and dunking. From there, after you are able to become a starter, you will be able to get more skill points.

After you are a starter on your team, start to get your dunk even higher and higher. That way, becuase you are a starter, you have more time to get more skill points and get higher stats which will contribute to your overall player and your dunking.

===================

I'll just say that much for now. I don't think there is a need for me to continue saying things until you have actually done it haha.

xITh3-SaintIx
07-18-2011, 09:35 PM
Height: 6'

================

Scoring: A great asset already right off the bat for you considering that you want to have a high mid range. By choosing Scoring as your play style, you will have a pretty high Mid range right off the bat and from there, you can do a few drills and get some Skill Points to get your mid range rating even higher.

6' is perfect because it is neither too tall nor is it too short. You are short yes, but you also have a huge advantage because now you have a huge amount of Skill Points going in your direction when you do well in games.

==============

Mid-Range
Layup
Shoot in Traffic
Shoot off Dribble
Ball Handling
Ball Security

=============

Do your drills and then add some more to your Mid-Range shots. As you play, your guy will seem suckish at first, but once you have your mid range down, make sure that you get your layup up as well.

NOTE: YOUR GUY WILL SUCK DURING THE DRAFT COMBINE AND SUMMER CIRCUIT. YOUR GUY WILL NOT DO WELL UNTIL AROUND THE 10TH GAME INTO THE NBA SO YOU HAVE TO BE PATIENT.

Once you hit the 10th game mark ish, your guy will definitely have been improved to a larger extent and from there, just keep on getting your mid range up and once you hit 90, make sure that your layup is also a 90 by then. Keep upgrading your Shoot In Traffic and Off Dribble as you go and keep on doing your drills as you go and get them because they will give you more Skill Points and upgrade other assets of your game.

===================

After you have done excellent in your mid range and your layups are good, you wanted to do Dunks right? Well, from there, make sure that every game, you upgrade your dunk by 1 rating. Every single game goes by and you get skill points, upgrade your rating up by 1. Until you are able to get the simplest of the dunks.

Stop upgrading your dunk for a bit. Upgrade your other parts, especially your ball handling. You want to be able to do those advanced moves to juke your opponent out and be able to pull up for that easy jumper or go in for the layup.

Now, at around 60'ish rating for your dunk, make sure that you max out your vertical by then. At 60 rating in your dunk, your vertical should be maxed out for maximum height for rebounding and dunking. From there, after you are able to become a starter, you will be able to get more skill points.

After you are a starter on your team, start to get your dunk even higher and higher. That way, becuase you are a starter, you have more time to get more skill points and get higher stats which will contribute to your overall player and your dunking.

===================

I'll just say that much for now. I don't think there is a need for me to continue saying things until you have actually done it haha.

Thanks man that will help me out alot, i got one other queston, with speed, when should i upgrade it and also wht is better to start out with eg more quickness then speed ect ect

Eagle Pride
07-18-2011, 11:28 PM
i always try to go for a medium height. somewhere in the middle of the max height and 6 ft. so for pgs the max is 6'7 id be around 6'3 or 6'4

but to be honest the more height the better you will be. you have the same skill caps with taller guys you just get to the caps faster with smaller guys. if you dont plan to play it a lot then yeah go short but if you are in a crew and want to be good you should go taller.

VinSanity15
07-19-2011, 10:41 AM
Thanks man that will help me out alot, i got one other queston, with speed, when should i upgrade it and also wht is better to start out with eg more quickness then speed ect ect

Upgrade speed after you 75% of the season is over. So start to really upgrade it when there is about 1 month left of the regular season. And during the Play-offs continue to upgrade your essentials.

i always try to go for a medium height. somewhere in the middle of the max height and 6 ft. so for pgs the max is 6'7 id be around 6'3 or 6'4

but to be honest the more height the better you will be. you have the same skill caps with taller guys you just get to the caps faster with smaller guys. if you dont plan to play it a lot then yeah go short but if you are in a crew and want to be good you should go taller.

Yea, if your taller it would be slightly better, but remember that if you are shorter you get to the caps a lot quicker yes but if you are taller, it will take more than 1 season to do something that should take only 1 season.

My method only took me 1 season to do and if you are taller, the method would still be dragging into the play-offs and your guy wouldn't be even close to as good as you would be if you are only a little bit shorter.

The only difference between taller and shorter is their ability to block and rebound.

The whole theory of shooting is very low as long as you max out your shoot in traffic and off dribble. Then you would be fine.

xITh3-SaintIx
07-20-2011, 05:10 AM
Thanks guys this has really helped out, i have gone for what u have told me to do Vin, 6 Ft guy n 180 weight so yeh so far it has actually worked out good, even tho i am small but quick to the rim n has a good jumper, i have gone for a d rose jumper so its working out good so far :D thanks again ill keep u posted of what is going on with him

VinSanity15
07-20-2011, 11:50 AM
Yup no problem man.

Spence_tricky
07-26-2011, 01:32 AM
[QUOTE=VinSanity15;72059]Height: 6'

================

==============

Mid-Range
Layup
Shoot in Traffic
Shoot off Dribble
Ball Handling
Ball Security

=============

In my opinion you need to stack height unless you don't plan on playing my player a lot at all. Yeah, you do earn less skill points per game when you do well. No, the stat caps for each attribute will not be higher for shorter players. Height = better scoring (shooting over defenders, in traffic, and 1s), better rebounding, better shot defense/block. I just remade my SG to 6'8" from 6'6" and I noticed that I lost 125 to 150 (probably closer to 125) performance skill points per inch of height I gained. So instead of getting around 1800 to 1900 for an A+ game I got just under 1600. It's not THAT big of a deal unless you really really are impatient.

Athletic playstyle is my preference. I know scoring makes it easier off the bat, with high shot attributes. But your mid-range jumper isn't bad as an athletic shooting guard off the bat, and it's easily upgraded to 70 - or even more with the 10,000 skill points you get. Stack the rest into some mental things (for defense and consistency) and some free throw/pass/hands. That's what I did - working amazing with my new SG in the draft combine.

If you're really intent on taking this as far as possible, you probably want to do the dribble course with your 6 drills until you end up with speed bonuses from each one. In other words, turn off autosave (to make it MUCH more convenient), then proceed to get gold in the dribble course and restarting without saving if you don't get speed. Speed is crucial - the faster you are the more likely you'll be able to get those fastbreak dunks (layups if your dunk and/or vertical isn't enough) which are so important early on, as they're the easiest way to stack points and teammate grade. Later on what you can do is when your speed is very high (90+), you can do the dribble course to get speed, then lower your speed in the skill points sectionand put them into other attributes, seeing as speed gets incredibly expensive later on. You do lose 25% of the skill points it would take to upgrade that speed manually I think, but it's not a huge loss considering the skill points you'd get to use. Assuming of course you're patient enough to wait for speed bonuses then.

xITh3-SaintIx
07-28-2011, 07:22 PM
Thanks man i am in the progression of making a SG i want a dunker cause i got bored of just shooting from mid range it was to easy nothing can beat the feeling of dunking on someone, so if u have any-tips that would be great wht i should put up n work around it